You’ve probably heard that the lake is always east – but did you know there is an East Side of Chicago? Chicago’s street grid, growing number of bike lanes and paths, and rapid transit system make exploring the city a breeze.
- CTA – Chicago Transit Authority – Bus and rail schedules, maps, fares, and more for travel within and close to the city. The “Bus Tracker” is way cool.
- Metra – Schedules, fares, maps, and more for rail travel beyond Chicago’s city limits.
- University’s Transportation Page
- Drive Less / Live More – Tips, maps, and links for traveling by public transportation, and convenient calculators for estimating commute costs, from the Regional Transportation Authority of Northeastern Illinois.
- Moving Beyond Congestion – A joint strategic planning project by the RTA, CTA, Metra, and Pace to maintain, enhance, and expand the region’s transit system over the next 30 years.
- Chicago ‘L’ History